Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:56:50 +0200
From:      "Denis V. Klimkov" <falcon@tcm.by>
To:        Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@webmail.sub.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: mpd sometimes hangs the whole system?

Hello Alex,

AP> RELATIVELY easy. It happens about once a day or more often; but it
AP> requires someone to press Reset.

I had the same problem with mpd4.0b3 and mpd4.0b4 and Freebsd built
from RELENG_6 branch at the beggining of the year. I used it with em
cards. No solution found. Tried both SMP and UP kernels with the same
result.
Now running mpd3.18 under Freebsd 5.5 with no problems.
I can add just my 5 cents: when the system locked I could access it
via ssh from the remote computer linked to this system via PPTP. And I
saw 100% of CPU used by interrupts from em0. Got no access from local
console, no ssh from LAN, only can do something very slowly from PPTP
connected host.
Cannot investigate more because it was production server. Maybe I'll
try later using the last release of mpd.

--
Denis V. Klimkov
Network Administrator