Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 1996 23:47:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert N Watson <rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   javac_netscape 2.1.5-RELEASE port

As suggested in the ports documentation, I have installed the following
hoping to get a functional javac, etc:

kaffe-0.4p2
jdk-1.0.2
javac_netscape-1.0.1

But when I attempt to use javac to compile software, I get this message:

Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread

When attempting to use kaffe to run a functional java class (I have used
it on other systems under various compilers, etc), I consistently get:

Exception thrown on null object ... aborting
Abort trap (core dumped)

and a core dump.  I have previously used Kaffe .5p3 as opposed to .4 to
run this program..  If anyone has any suggestions?

I tried pulling the freefall jdk dist as noted in the freebsd announce
list, but it apparently applies only to -current, and needs libc 3.0.

Thanks,
Robert Watson
rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu
----