Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:26:01 +0200
From:      Michel Otte <FreeBSD-Java@scoop.demon.nl>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tomcat/mod_jk load error

Hello,<br>
I'm trying to get mod_jk to work with Apache 1.3.19, but the
initialization of the module fails with the error message<br>
' Undefined symbol &quot;map_name_at&quot; ' when trying to start the
apache server.<br>
Tomcat as standalone server or through mod_jserv works just fine. Even
the compilation of mod_jk succeeds after mangling with the Makefile. I
found a suggestion somewhere on the net to configure and compile Apache
with --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE.<br>
So I recompiled Apache with this option and compiled mod_jk again. This
resulted in a same-size mod_jk.so which is about 18 kilobytes big, or
should I say small? &quot;httpd -V&quot; shows that Apache has been
compiled with the SHARED_CORE option.<br>
Setup:<br>
* FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE<br>
* Apache 1.3.19 (build from source)<br>
* JDK12-beta (build from the ports collection)<br>
* Tomcat 3.2.1 binary distribution<br>
* Trying to compile mod_jk from Tomcat 3.2.1-src distribution<br>
I couldn't find a clue anywhere, but I know it's possible to get this to
work. Did I miss something stupid here?<br>
Kind regards,<br>
Michel Otte<br>