Date:      06 Sep 2002 10:55:45 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@Demon.vickiandstacey.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SMP MoBo - Tiger 230T (S2507T) issues?

--=-H/8GOgZmxD7GQvskebTw

Hello,
     I've come across something of a budgetary gift, and thought I'd
build another SMP system here.

As my regular suppliers tell me that my preferred choice of Abit VP-6 is
no longer in production / available (in the UK), I'm now looking at one
of Tyan's mainboards, specifically, the Tiger 230T (S2507T) -
http://www.tyan.com/products/html/tiger230t.html

I intend to purchase the system with two Intel Pentium "Tualatin" procs,
but I'd like to hear of list members' experiences with this board,
please.

Usual stuff, including gotchas, bad comments and "undocumented
procedures" are all welcome.

For what its worth, I'm planning on doing a fresh install of FreeBSD 4.6
Rel from CD-Set with the following HDD set-up:
TEKRAM DC-390U2W PCI SCSI ULTRA2 UW CARD
2 X IBM 18GB HARDDRIVE 68-PIN ULTRA160

Thanks for your time,

Stacey

--=20