Date:      Thu, 24 Oct 2002 23:34:50 +0300
From:      "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Brian Henning" <b1henning@hotmail.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: color in lynx

"Brian Henning" <b1henning@hotmail.com> wrote:
: i have been trying to turn off color in the lynx web browser and i =
can't
: figure it out. i tried commenting out everything in the lynx.cfg file =
that
: says anything about color and it didn't seem to help... any =
suggestions?

I have aliased "lynx" to "/usr/local/bin/lynx -nocolor"
in my .bashrc file.  That seems to be enough to convince
lynx to avoid using colours, regardless of the current
terminal type.

Giorgos.