Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:03:33 +0300
From:      "Gabor Szabo" <szabgab@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adding Padre to FreeBSD

Hi,

I have just released v0.05 of Padre -
Perl Application Development and Refactoring Environment
as a CPAN module. See http://search.cpan.org/dist/Padre/

It is basically an editor with an oversized ego.

While it is still in its infancy I would like to start working with the
various downstream distributions to make make sure Padre works
on their platforms, it is easy to install it and that if possible it will
be included in the next release.

So I'd like to ask that someone here will pick up the module from CPAN
and try to integrate it into FreeBSD. If you encounter any issues, I'd be
more than happy to know about them so I can fix them ASAP.

Padre also has a home page using Trac for bug tracking and
feature requests http://padre.perlide.org/

regards
   Gabor

--