Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:43:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: swap-backed md-based /tmp to replace mfs-based one

> In message <Pine.LNX.4.21.0103121129090.31161-100000@zeppo.feral.com>, Matthew
> Jacob writes:
> >
> >Speaking of md, and such, since MFS got nuked, and I died horribly every time
> >I tried to use md as a tmpfs, have the panics been fixed so I can use it now
> >as a replacement for MFS?
>
> Uhm, I'm drawing a blank here.  When did you have panics ?  Which panics ?
> Have you tried -current ?

The last we'd left this after you nuked MFS was I had an instant way of
panic'ing -current. I can find the email for you if I must. You said you'd
think about it. That's the last I heard.

I can try it again, but I thought it'd be easier to find out whether the
person who destroyed an important function and offered a replacement which
failed to work might remember fixing it.