Date:      Sun, 15 Mar 1998 10:57:04 +0000
From:      Clem Dye <clem@bastet.dircon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Support for HP T3000 tape drive under FreeBSD?

Hi, I wonder if someone could offer me a little advice please?

I have FreeBSD 2.2.5 on CD-ROM, ready to install on a recently-built
system. Just before installing I thought it a good idea to double-check the
hardware compatability, and it would appear that I might have a problem.

My system has been built including a Hewlett-Packard T3000
floppy-controller based tape drive. This uses TR3 (QIC3095, I think) tapes.
The FreeBSD hardware compatability pages only mention QIC40/80 tape drives.
Am I going to be out of luck support-wise, or is there support for this
type of drive, either within FreeBSD or via add-ons?

TIA

Regards

Clem Dye