Date:      Wed, 06 Mar 1996 15:19:53 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: 2.2-960226-SNAP now on ftp.freebsd.org

"Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:
> > Proposal: why do we not just get all of them - libc.so.2.2, libgcc.so.261.0
> > etc and make one compat2.n out of them (or is that done already?)? I'll do
>
> Sounds fine to me!
>
> > it if you fill me in on what you did...
>
> Uh, you'll be disappointed - I looked at which libraries were bumped
> between the last and current releases and packed the old versions into
> a root-relative tarball by hand.  That's all! :-)

Proposal 2: I am gonna get flamed badly for this, I know :-(
can't we check uuencoded  compat libs into the repository? _OR_
have a libcompat spot where these are accumulated? Hmm (thinks)
how about making a port out of these like the linuxcompat things,
except loading them into /usr/lib? This way we could use the ports
mechanism to keep them up to date.

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grondar.za for PGP key