Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 17:28:15 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <Daniel.Bye@uk.uu.net>
To:        'Rover Wanderer' <ampy@crosswinds.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: sendmail, sender name

You could try setting this as an option in your e-mail client program.  For
example, mutt allows you to specify the From: address in your ~/.muttrc.

This works for me:

my_hdr From: my.mail.alias@isp.domain.com

I'm sure other clients have a similar feature.  (This works fine for me, as
I am the only person who uses e-mail on the machine.  If you have to look
after a number of users, it would probably be better to find a more global
way of doing it - which I can't help with, I'm afraid :o(  Although I
understand the Bat Book is rather good!)

Dan