Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:42:21 -0700
From:      Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
To:        ipfw@freebsd.org, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Increasing the hash table size for dummynet...

[Sorry for the cross post: I don't know where the dummynet guru's live]

I have a situation where I'm rate shaping a LARGE number of
concurrent TCP connections, however I've run into a slight
problem/limitation: dummynet has a max hash table size of 1024 and I'm
currently handling about 8-17K in TCP connections in a single queue.
:-/ I quickly looked over the hash algorithm and couldn't see any
reason why the max size couldn't be increased beyond 1024.  Could
someone comment on the attached?  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden