Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:29:50 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        gmarco@giovannelli.it
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lucent win modems and others, why not commit ?

From: Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
Subject: Lucent win modems and others, why not commit ?
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:13:00 +0200

> I see that there is a working solution for this wonderfull piece of
> hardware :-)
> http://www.geocities.com/wtnbkysh/
>
> Is possible that someone with commit privileges take care of this and
> arrange a viable solution (a port, a contrib etc etc ) that not obliged the
> "normal" user us to make the steps over and over every srcs update ?

I think a port is going to be the most viable solution for now - this thing
requires a linux .o file as part of the module, and unless we uuencode the
thing and write some Makefile glue for installing it (which is icky), it's
not going to be a good candidate for contrib.  Perhaps one of the ports
crew would be so kind as to read the instructions in:
     http://www.geocities.com/wtnbkysh/INSTALL-rough-translation-en.TXT
and use their advanced Makefile-fu to automate the process?  Lucent
"lose modem" support is overdue enough as it is.

- Jordan