Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 13:42:09 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Haavard Vaagstoel <havardjv@gudmund.vgs.no>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   proc: table is full

Hello.

I got the following message while trying to install the port for
xlockmore (it actually occured during the registration of the
installation):

cannot fork
/kernel: proc: table is full

In case it can be of any help, "uname -a" shows:

FreeBSD gealach.myst.no 2.2.7-STABLE FreeBSD 2.2.7-STABLE #0: Sun Aug  9
16:57:47 CEST 1998     root@gealach.myst.no:/usr/src/sys/compile/GEALACH
i386

The problem has occured several times while compiling. What do I need to
do to prevent it from happening again?

Please cc any answer to me, as I don't read this list regularly.

--
Haavard Vaagstoel <havardjv@gudmund.vgs.no>