Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 01:32:00 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Nelson Yu <ynelson@yahoo.com>, FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Tech Questions

On Sat, Feb 20, 1999 at 09:39:12AM -0800, Nelson Yu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As a root user, I was able to use shortcut !v for vi-editor I have
> used earlier for editing file, which I want to use !v to re-edit the
> same file without typing: vi filename.txt at the prompt.  As a user
> being a different login name, I wasn't able to do this.
> Which file should I edit and what do I add in so that I can do the !v
> shortcut command as a different user (not root)?

``!v'' is a csh(1) feature. Is the other user using csh as their
shell? ``!v'' type syntax is not supportted under sh(1).

> And I want to download and upload files from a:\ floppy to my account,
> suppose I have a file hello.C, what command do I use?

``mount -t msdos /dev/rfd0 /mnt'' then use it like a standard Unix
filesystem.

> How do I do the same above as e:\cd-rom?

``mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0 /mnt''

Your CD-ROM may not be ``cd0''. Also you can't mount the floppy
and the CD at the same time.

HTH