Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:11:31 +1000
From:      Neal Nelson <neal@nelson.name>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPSec on a wireless AP

I'm trying to set up IPSec between my access point (FreeBSD with
wireless in HostAP mode) and laptop.

I'm using transport mode and things work OK between the laptop and AP.
All is encrypted and working OK. When I ping another node on my
network, everything is in the clear (I'm using tcpdump on the wireless
interface).

I assumed that since my AP is my gateway for my laptop, all packets
would obviously have to be sent there first and therefore encrypted.
This does not seem to be so.

Does anyone know how I can encrypt all data between my laptop and AP
using IPSec?