Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:47:33 +1100
From:      Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren?= Neigaard <neigaard@e-box.dk>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which mailserver?

At 07:16 15/02/2002, S=F8ren Neigaard sent this up the stick:
>I want it to be locked to some IP's defined by me, so hackers wont
>abuse it (or how does one secure a mailserver best).
>
>It must be able to check the emails (outgoing and incoming) for vira.

Postfix +AmaVis ... there is a mailing list as well, with an archive at=20
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com  AmaVis plugs into lots of different virus=20
scanners.  The web site is at http://www.amavis.org

>I don't know if performance is an issue in mailservers, but if so, it
>must perform well too.

If you use AmaVis as a daemon, it runs fine

Cheers,
Rob

--
They used dogs.  They used probes.  They used cardio plate crossoffs. They=
=20

[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian
This is random quote 1005 of a collection of 1204