Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 19:34:53 -0500
From:      "dave" <dmehler22@earthlink.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   internal plug and play modem.

Hello,
    Is anyone using an internal pnp modem under freebsd 3.4-release? My
modem works fine under linux so I can be certain that it is not a winmodem,
but I am unable to get it to work with bsd. Can anyone help?
    I have compiled in the modem's id in to my sio.c file, and added the
line:
pnp 2 0 port0 0x2e8 irq0 5
    to my kernel.conf file, but still it refuses to work with the modem.
    Suggestions welcome.
Thanks.
Dave.