Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 23:52:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Daugherty <davidd@datasphereweb.com>
To:        Marc Wandschneider <marcw@lanfear.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UNIX Thread programming info?

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Marc Wandschneider wrote:

>     can somebody recommend some sources for learning about thread
> programming under FreeBSD.  I've done a decent amount of win32 thread
> programming, but haven't done any UN*X thread programming at all, and don't
> know what sort of critsect routines there are available, etc ...
>
>     is there something better than the pthreads man page?
Definitely not the O'reilly book on multi-threading and concurrency. Try
this instead:
http://www1.fatbrain.com/shop/quicksearch.cl?SearchFunction=key&qtext=0201563177&Submit.x=4&Submit.y=8

This is the book I learned multi-threading from. It has great examples
within.

Good luck.

|> /\ \/ @
davidd@datasphereweb.com
DataSphere - Back end web programming, site security, and networking

david.daugherty@netmanage.com
Software Engineer
NetManage - The Bridge to E-Business

http://www.wcug.wwu.edu/~doc