Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:03:36 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any success with CirrusLogic 6729/6730???

> >> Also the 3.1 pcic code seems to always look for the card at
> >> PCIC_INDEX_0 (Nate, Nick, did I read that right?).  I agree that it
> >> would be better to be more general, but I don't want to rewrite pcic.c.
> >
> >It should be modifiy ... like PAO.
>
> I do think that setting up the pcic code to take a port at kernel
> config time is a reasonable thing to do.

You wouldn't get any argument from anyone, but how to do it?  Making the
PCIC an ISA device is unacceptable, and using an 'option' doesn't allow
the user to set it without recompiling the kernel.  Possibly a boot time
option, but I don't like those much either since it can't be done in
'userconfig'.

Nate