Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 1998 00:50:59 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make world error on -current elf ...please help

John Birrell wrote:

> The correct way is: "don't use NOAOUT". That's for people who know what
> they are doing. The lkms _are_ built during `make world'. You are not
> helping!

	Several of us now have asked for detailed, step by step instructions on
how to upgrade to the most recent 3.0 and unless I've missed it, it
hasn't been posted yet. Personally I'd like instructions on coming from
-Stable, I'm sure others could use instructions on doing just the elf
bits, etc. A good place for these instructions would be the web page
somewhere the main site that we could point people too.

	I realize that y'all are busy making the new stuff happen, but you
can't expect people to do the upgrade and consequent beta-testing
without a pointer in the right direction. I'm hoping that the 3.0 branch
will soon actually settle down enough so that I can justify moving
forward bravely myself. :)

Hopeful for the future,

Doug