Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 1996 20:44:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@tetard.frmug.fr.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual Monitor Systems...

Just curious, but I read somewhere that XFree86 Supports dual monitors...
is that correct?  If so, and assuming it works under FreeBSD, one=20
solution may be to have the non-19" monitor be the boot monitor and=20
only be used when X starts up...also giving you a larger work area.

Again, I may have misunderstood when I saw this point go through one
of the lists, so XFree86 might not support dual monitors ...

On Mon, 8 Jan 1996, Philippe Regnauld wrote:

> J Wunsch =E9crit / writes:
>=20
> > If you are debugging an X server, your best bet is a serial console,
>=20
> =09... Let's say I'm not debugging an X server :-)
>=20
> =09As I said earlier, my prior concern is not toasting my 19" monitor
> =09(it's a fixed frequency) in the time between bootup and the start
> =09of the X server.  I'd gladly use a serial console, but:
>=20
> =091) From what keyboard does the X take its input once I've
> =09   started X from the serial console?
>=20
> =092) How do I keep my undisciplined VGA (Diamond 968) from sending
> =09   a signal to the monitor until I tell it to? :-)
>=20
> =09I had in mind changing the address on the card (don't ask me how!)
> =09and keeping a standard VGA 14" on the other adapter.
>=20
> --=20
> - [ regnauld@tetard.frmug.fr.net / +48.8N+2.3E / +33 1 4507 9391 / Sol 3 =
] -
> - [ regnauld@freenix.fr=09=09 / FreeBSD 2.x /  =09=09=09 ] -
>   "Le schtroumpf est =E0 l'homme ce que le bleu est au billard" - F.Berjo=
>=20

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,=20
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc