Date:      Fri, 08 Sep 2000 15:14:16 +0930
From:      Jeff Kirby <reflex@senet.com.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   possible modification / usage of psm driver

Okay, I'm using a manual switch box for my 3 computers, 1 of which is a
bsd box. The switch box is ps/2 kband mouse and video. When i switch
away from the bsd box, the mouse won't come back.
i can re-enable it using a moused deamon, but its 'out of sync' ( get
that error ) and it doesn;t work right ( can move up and right no
worries.. any other dir it jumps to bottom of screen)

The mouse is a Cordless Logitech Mouseman plus... however this occurs
with all my ps/2 mice ( non logitech and MS ).
I'm using the psm0 device and at auto port ( comes up as sysmouse
Intellimouse)

Ive tried using the 'no sync check' flags but to no avail.

So heres what i want to do..
in short, when the mouse gets out of sync, reset it.
Now ive looked at the code, but im missing some of the information
required to make the changes.. i can't find mouse.h for one thing :(..

So any help here would be great :)

BSD version is 4.1 release, no updates.

Regards

Jeff Kirby