Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:12:51 -0600
From:      "Mike Roest" <bsd-lists@blahz.ab.ca>
To:        "'Martin Hasenbein'" <mh-freebsd-questions@space.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: qmail install problem

This is how I always setup the control dir:

Control/me:
 FQDN of your machine
Control/locals:
 Domains one per line that will be delivered to local accounts
Control/defaultdomain:
 Default domain
Control/plusdomain:
 Portion of domain to be added if the is a "+" in the email addres (not
sure)
Control/rcpthosts:
 Domains that this server will be receiving mail for.  Locals and
virtualdomains
Control/virtualdomains:
  Domains and there corresponding usernames for virtualdomains (only
required if using vmailmgr or other virtual domain package)
Contol/checkpassword:
  Program qmail-popup will be using to check passwords. (only if using
builtin pop3 server)
Control/defaulthost:
 Usually the same as defaultdomain