Date:      Thu, 17 May 2001 22:59:56 -0600
From:      Scott Gerhardt <scott@gerhardt-it.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Apache Benchmark quandry

Hello,

I keep getting the following errors when running Apache Benchmark "ab".

I have installed Apache 1.3.19-Mod-SSL from the ports on the latest
FreeBSD-4.3-RELEASE
Everything is default.

I get "server timed out" errors when I run ab with any settings that
create more than 400 requests i.e. ab -t 10 -c 25
http://localhost:80/test.html.  If I specify a fixed number of request
less than 400 everything works ok. The benchmark also works if I use the
"-k" (keep alive setting).

I also get "out of buffe"r errors sometimes if I re-run the bechmark.

The hardware is an Intel PIII 450 with 256MB of RAM

Any insights appreciated.

Regards

Please CC me becuase I am not on the list.

	- Scott