Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:06:23 -0500
From:      Ralph Dratman <ralph@maxsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Valery Izotov <izotov@gol.ru>, Tait Larson <tait@wego.com>, Ivan Fetch <ivanfetch@technologist.com>, Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
Subject:   ata1-master: <MATSHITA cr-581/1c05> CDROM device - NO DRIVER!

The following comes up during boot of 4.2:

	ata1-master: <MATSHITA cr-581/1c05> CDROM device - NO DRIVER!

But the same CD-ROM drive worked fine when I was running 3.3.

Others have also experienced this problem. I'm copying this message
to four people who discussed it in mailing list archives. So far I
haven't found any explanation of why this drive worked before but not
now. Has anyone found a resolution?

Meanwhile, I am creating 3.3 floppies and will try to see if the
device will come back and if so how it is being handled by that
version.

Regards,

Ralph Dratman