Date:      Wed, 06 Jan 2010 08:06:22 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Jason Chambers <jchambers@ucla.edu>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8.0R IPF causes crash ?

--------------enigD718E42F7AFA8EAF41747BAD

Jason Chambers wrote:
> Hello all,
>=20
> Wondering if anyone else can reproduce this ?
>=20
> The kernel I have compiled includes VIMAGE with SCTP disabled.  Might b=
> a contributing factor.  Additionally, there's a problem with the em
> interface.. see "em interface slow down on 8.0R".
>=20
> To reproduce, have IPF start at boot or kldload ipl and then load in th=
> rules with ipf -Fa -f /etc/ipf.rules.
>=20
>=20
> PF works fine.

Last I tried, the combination of pf and VIMAGE resulted in an instant
panic.  That's simply because the necessary work on pf hadn't been done
yet (Very pleased if that's gone into 8.0-STABLE now).  The same problem
is likely to be true with IPF -- see http://wiki.freebsd.org/Image/TODO
for a list of what still needs to be dealt with.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                  Flat 3