Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 17:16:45 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        "Cameron, Frank" <cameron@ctc.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Novell Account Management (eDirectory) for Linux?

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Cameron, Frank wrote:

> I tried to install it once, but the RPMs had dependencies that I
> didn't have installed (a fairly plain-vanilla 4.2 box).  I haven't
> had a chance to resolve the missing dependencies.  What's your
> environment like?  Do you have an existing NDS tree or would this
> be a new tree?

It would be a new tree... I'm just considering using Novell Account
Management because of NT4's lousy account management and the fact that
I can then do LDAP authentication on my FreeBSD based web/mail
servers.  It is also something I should be able to set up to allow
some non-technical and not entirely trusted users to add/remove/modify
certain types of accounts.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For IA32 and Alpha architectures. IA64, PPC, and ARM under development.
   http://www.freebsd.org