Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:11:55 +0000
From:      Dicky Illing <dicky_illing@hotmail.com>
To:        <usleepless@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: PVR350, and /multimedia/pvr250

> On 7/26/07, Arne W=F6rner <arne_woerner@yahoo.com> wrote:> > --- Dicky Il=
ling <dicky_illing@hotmail.com> wrote:> > > I recently bought myself a Huap=
page PVR350, as I had been playing with> > MythTV> > > at work, and it was =
one of the ones that is supported (by report!) on> > > FreeBSD, ,however wh=
en I try to compile the port, it fails here. Can> > anyone> > > point me in=
 the right direction please!I definitely have the .sys file in> > >> > Hmm.=
..> >> > Have u patched the kernel already? make patch-iicbb or so?> > Mayb=
e that causes that warning?OK I hadn't patched my kernel tree as yet, howev=
er, I have now done so, and I didn't try pvrxxx for it, since it seemedthe =
wrong device support, and I don't think the correct file (the .ROM required=
) came on my pvr350 CD.However, the process taken thus far does mean that t=
he  pvr250 port is now compiling!> >> > Did u try pvrxxx already?> >> > -Ar=
ne> > Arne is correct. these errors are due to an unpatched kernel-tree.> >=
 i am not sure if the pvr250 patch will still apply cleanly ( which> versio=
n of freebsd are you running? )> > if it doesn't compile/patch cleanly, ple=
ase report back with the> compiler errors.> > regards,> > usleeplessThe pat=
ch didn't cleanly apply, asking first about it being a reverse. The kernel =
compiled up to this error:/usr/src/sys/dev/iicbus/iiconf.c: In function `ii=
cbus_write':/usr/src/sys/dev/iicbus/iiconf.c:245: warning: passing arg 2 of=
 `IICBUS_WRITE' discards qualifiers from pointer target typeregardsDicky
Try Live.com - your fast, personalised homepage with all the things you car=
e about in one place.
http://www.live.com/?mkt=3Den-gb  =