Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 23:13:26 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert <robert@namodn.com>
To:        David Shanes <dshanes@mswin.net>
Cc:        questions FreeBSD <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Clearing "NOROOT" status.

:)
I think that's what happened; try putting "secure" on the ttys that you
want to be able to log in as root on, if you do indeed want to log on as
root from remote.

I use "su" and "sudo" myself, which I strongly recommend for security
puposes.. there's just no benefit that I can see to logging in as root as
opposed to using "su"...

@:-)
( www.namodn.com )
( robert@namodn.com )