Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 20:01:54 -0600
From:      Tony Cognata <tonyc@computerland.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Not UFS?

I forgot to mention something about the error that appears at boot
time.
Although the error says

     not ufs
     No /boot/loader

the boot loader is definitely present, as is the kernel.  The install
floppies
copied all the distribution files successfully.  I can see them if I make
the
FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE  hard disk a slave and connect it to the 2.2.7 master
hard disk.
I can access all the 3.4 files in their filesystems.  So I'm befuddled as to
why the
boot error appears or why typing

0:wd(0,a)/kernel  doesn't work either.  The error returned in this case is:

     not ufs
     no /kernel

Thanks for any advice.