Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:35:08 -0700
From:      Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com>
To:        k7ns@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:Help

That's one thing I've seen, is if the X server does not start first time
second time the config doesn't even start straight.

Do 'ctrl+alt+backspace' to kill it, and then go into config mode again.

My problem I've noticed is to first better try with 24 bit color or less
to see if that works and just narrow down your problem from there, or even
try a smaller resolution and build from a working Xconfiguration.

On 03/22/2001 9:02:11 AM, "John Mich" is quoted as saying:

. . . .|Hey I can't get X windows running. When I'm setting up the xFree86
3.3.6 in
. . . .|a grahical setup. I selected my right Video card "S3 Savage rev 4" and
the
. . . .|resolution 1024 * 768 and 32 bit color. After that it start the testing, I
. . . .|waited about a few sec, until I got this message "Can't start server,
Would
. . . .|you like to try again" when I click enter to try again. The screen shows a
. . . .|black and white color and the resolution was bad. And the computer just
hang
. . . .|there.
. . .
______
. . . .|
. . . .|
. . . .|To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
. . . .|with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

www.nul.cjb.net
www.FreeBSD.org