Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 15:41:20 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I'm leaving

Doug Young wrote:

> To be even halfway practical as a workstation for many people
> a workable Win9x emulator would be essential ... last time I
> looked, none of them was past pre-alpha quality. Has anything
> changed recently ??

Hmmm, at work we have Solaris workstations. At least Sun calls them
workstations, and IT calls them workstations. But they don't have any
Windows emulation of any sort. There is an Citrix server available to
read the HR memos with. But Citrix ICA Launch is available for FreeBSD
as well, IIRC.

Perhaps I am confused by the term "workstation". I don't take it to mean
a consumer-oriented PC, but as a computer geared towards doing general
day-to-day work. Depending upon what your work is, FreeBSD fits the
bill.

David