Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 96 04:45:22 UT
From:      "Robert Acklin" <RobAce@msn.com>
To:        "FreeBSD -  questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installing Problem

Hello

Problem:
The Install program said that I will have a hard time booting because it
didn't find the kernel. I'm installing from a DOS partition were I just copied
the :/.../BIN and :/Floppies to :/FreeBSD/ as it said, in the install
documents.  Yes there is a boot.flp in the floppies dir.  Is there any way to
get round this problem?  Like coping the kernel off the boot disk.

Micron P90, 24MB RAM
1.2GB HHD - 500MB partition
Walnut Creek version of FreeBSD 2.1.5

Sincerely Robert

PS. It can't find my 4xCDROM that's why I'm installing from the DOS partition