Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:50:55 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: best practices for private ports?

On Mar 6, 2006, at 2:06 AM, Vasil Dimov wrote:

> Or create a script that calls portsnap and then restores your "local"
> ports automatically, something like
> cp -r /usr/ports-local/category/port /usr/ports/category/

I'm probably gonna have to do something like that...

but is "local" the preferred category?  I have to manually force it
on to VALID_CATEGORIES in my port.  i don't see a pre-defined
location for local private ports.

> Btw, have you tried playing with /usr/ports/.cvsignore?

Not sure what that will buy me.  What would be the goal of adding
directories to it?