Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 11:23:17 -0400
From:      "Nguyen, Olivier T [AMSTA-AR-CCF-D]" <onguyen@pica.army.mil>
To:        "'freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   where can i find the document for DNS

Hi
I want to set up my private lan at home an DNS.  I try it but it seem not
working like it suppose to.  I follow the book "DNS and BIND" from O'relly.

After do all of edit named.conf, named.root, hosts, resolv.conf and all of
database file. I run  named. I get couple of errors messages.
this is my question

1)Do I need to set 127.0.0.1 in resolv.conf as a nameserver?
2)when i do nslookup, i get a report something like this "cannot find the
host 192.168.1.5 which is my freebsd who i set nameserver in resolv.conf.
What should i do to get this work
3)if i put 127.0.0.1 in resolv.conf, it work. According to "DNS and BINDs"
book, i don't need to use the localhost (loopback) as a nameserver in
resolv.conf.  any host that set Nameserver would works.  How can it won't
work on mine
Please help
Olivier