Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 16:43:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More Sony VAIO Z505JE

I have discovered a couple more trivial things:

1. You must turn plug-n-play OS on in the BIOS setup or Windows will
sporadically hang.

2. You must turn plug-n-play OS off in the BIOS setup or FreeBSD won't get
the USB controller, among (perhaps) other things.

So that's a little annoying.

3. There is a phdisk.exe in c:\sonysys\vsrcdfd\img\spt\ that appears to
be the mechanism to create a suspend-to-disk partition instead of having
the machine use a suspend-to-disk file.

When I last tried to create a suspend-to-disk partition with phdisk on
my Dell with a large hard disk, the result was disasterous if the file
was located above the 8G boundary of the disk. I am taking no chances
this time. FreeBSD is at the top, the suspend-to-disk partition will
live in the middle, and DOS/Win98 at the bottom.