Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:52:31 -0800
From:      Debbie Bridygham <dlb@chaoshorizon.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IBM TP A21p, BIOS v1.04b (KYET27WW) works with FreeBSD!

Hi all,

I upgraded my A21p BIOS to v1.04b (KYET27WW) and inserted a 12GB hard
drive from my A20m containing FreeBSD 4.2 (GENERIC install)
and to my amazement, it not only didn't hang, but FreeBSD booted and ran
just fine.  The same hard disk in my A20m hangs the machine.

So it appears that IBM has fixed the A5 partition bug in this version,
even though it is not listed as fixed in the BIOS release notes.

The only caveat seems to be that (at least under Win98 SE), there now
seems to be a glitch in the keyboard processing with the new
BIOS.  On occasion the keyboard buffer seems to hang momentarily (a
keypress sometimes requires an additional keypress to be flushed from
the keyboard buffer).

Debbie Bridygham