Date:      26 May 2000 15:05:22 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libfetch ftp.c

Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@FreeBSD.org> writes:
>   Log:
>   Honor FTP_PASSIVE_MODE so caller doesn't need to.

There's a catch here: traditionally, active mode was the default and
passive mode was explicitly enabled by setting FTP_PASSIVE_MODE or
using the -p switch on the command line.

Now, passive mode is the default unless FTP_PASSIVE_MODE is set to NO,
but there's no way to turn it off on the command line.

One might argue that passive mode is quite likely to work while active
mode is quite likely not to work, so we err on the side of caution,
but I still dislike the fact that the only way to force active mode is
to set an environment variable.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no