Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:48:09 -0600
From:      "Jon W. Backstrom" <jbackst@im.meredith.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache not in the 4.2 distribution sets?

I've been installing FreeBSD 4.2 for the first time and I can't get
Apache and
Lynx to show up in the Installation sets or the packages to install
them.  Are
they only available as part of the ports collection?

I am installing a non-X system, but when I use Packages and choose the
"www"
group, there are no entries for "*apache*", "*lynx*", and other packages
I would
expect to find there.  I am installing via NFS from a CD-ROM on another
local
Linux box.  Even when I view "all" packages, lynx and apache are not in
there.

I see these in the ports directory, however, when I can /usr/ports/www.
Does
the INDEX have missing package data for sysinstall, perhaps?

Also, is there a command-line only version of emacs that has been built
for
FreeBSD?  Running emacs yields a [Shared object "libXaw.so.6" not found]

error, and so I may need to install some X-Windows files to make this
work,
perhaps?

Thank you!

Jon Backstrom