Date:      Sun, 15 Mar 1998 12:44:47 -0500 (est)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   limits after kernel build

I've rebuilt the kernel on 2.2.5 to give me the maximums for a news
machine.  When I check the limits at a shell prompt I get this:

Resource limits (current):
  cputime          infinity secs
  filesize         infinity kb
  datasize-cur        16384 kb
  stacksize-cur        8192 kb
  coredumpsize     infinity kb
  memoryuse-cur       30720 kb
  memorylocked-cur    10240 kb
  maxprocesses-cur       64
  openfiles-cur          64

When I did it on the 2.1.0 machine I got at least the full datasize.
I compared the two config files and there's really nothing that stands
out that would cause this difference.  What am I missing, or what was
changed to cause this and how do I get it to give me the max values as
a default (for all of these parameters)?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2
   Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com
              "I'm just not a fan of promoting stupidity!
            We have elected officials for that job!" -- Rock