Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 00:08:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anybody besides me seeing hangs/weird NFS anomalies under SMP?

:If I boot a kernel w/o the second processor support, it seems to work just
:fine.
:
:My kernel is about 4 days old, from the RELENG_3 branch.
:
:News via CNFS generates the problem relatively trivially (within 24-36
:hours).  Running uniprocessor on the same hardware has not hung yet I
:believe.
:
:Anyway, I know Matt's been a busy little beaver over in -current, I was
:just curious if there were any obvious fixes for -stable...
:
:Thanks.

    If you have the kernel configured for DDB you should be able to
    break into it with ctl-alt-esc and do two things.  First, a 'trace'
    ( just in case the current process is in a tight supervisor loop ),
    then a 'ps' to see what various processes are blocked on.  That might
    give us enough info to narrow the problem down a bit.

    					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>