Date:      Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:56:08 -0500
From:      "Richard Cotrina" <rcc@speedy.net.pe>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installworld fails building Current from 4.7-R

Hello :

I am getting an strange error when trying to install current ( make
installworld ). I cvsup-ed it in my 4.7- Release box, and I sompiling the
sources and the kernel without any error messages :

# make -j4 buildworld
# make buildkernel
# make installkernel
# reboot

All the above finished without problems. After rebooting, I tried to do :

# make installworld

and after a while, it finished with the following error :

==> usr.bin/chpass
[ ! -e /usr/bin/chpass ] || chflags noschg /usr/bin/chpass || true
*** Signal 12

Stop in /usr/src/usr.bin/chpass.
*** Error Code 1

And the console gave me this message :

/kernel pid 21078 (sh),uid 0 : exited on signal 12 ( core dumped )

Does anyone have any ideas about what I did it wrong or it is missing ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Richard Cotrina