Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:31:06 +0000
From:      floral@care4free.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   'system' function in install.cfg

--=_alternative 0080B74B802569F5_=

Hello gurus,

I have an install.cfg file for an unattended setup.
I am using it from the msfroot.flp to install the system from scratch.

In a basic configuration (partition the hdd, install the bin distribution,
a few packages and reboot the system) it works pretty well.

However, I want to execute a small script before restarting the system .
I am using the "system" function in install.cfg. For testing purposes I
was trying to launch a shell with it.

[...]
installCommit
system /bin/sh
shutdown

Next time I ran sysinstall it gave me an error, saying that it cannot find
/bin/sh
Since the unattended mode stopped after this error, I've switched to tty4
and I checked the existence of /bin/sh and the shell was there.

Any ideas why it is not executing it?

Many thanks,

Florentin Albu

Client-Server Systems Manager
falbu@amnesty.org
         Amnesty International, International Secretariat
                     visit us at   http://www.amnesty.org

Be Realistic! Plan for a Miracle!

ONE click to stamp out torture.
                                   http://www.stoptorture.org
--=_alternative 0080B74B802569F5_=

Florentin Albu<br>
Client-Server Systems Manager<br>
falbu@amnesty.org<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Amnesty International, International Secretariat<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; visit us at &nbsp; http://www.amnesty.org<br>;
Be Realistic! Plan for a Miracle!<br>
ONE click to stamp out torture.<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; http://www.stoptorture.org</font>;