Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 16:01:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bhishan Hemrajani <bhishan@cytosine.dhs.org>
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
Cc:        Kai Peters <kpeters@silk.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Access to outbound if's IP address?

Actually, that will give the internal ip address of the local machine
and the gateway.

What's easiest to do, is have them go to one of your fbsd boxes http
server, and then do a tail on the access_log.

If you have apache installed, it should be:
/usr/local/apahche/logs/access_log

so:
tail /usr/local/apahche/logs/access_log

Would printout the hostname of that machine.

I'm sure there are many many more ways of doing this. This was at the
top of my head.

--bhishan