Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 02:03:18 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        gibbs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to get an HP Scanjet to work (again).

My fault for not plugging it in for quite some time, but it now
appears that CAM has broken support for my Scanjet 4P.  I have a copy
of xvscan from Tummysoft and it no longer works, nor does our hpscan
port (which I also had working for the HP back when I maintained that
port).

I'll contact Tummysoft and figure out if there's some way I can get
them to do a new xvscan release, but in the interim, does anyone have
any suggestions?  Of course, I've plugged it in because I need to scan
some pictures in for advocacy purposes and the fact that it doesn't
work has come as something of an unexpected setback to that project.

I've tried the obvious stuff, like using pass0..passn (which appears
equivalent to uk<n>), but it's no go.  It makes me wonder how many of
tummysoft's other FreeBSD customers have suddenly woken up to the fact
that we broke their commercial software. :(

- Jordan