Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 19:15:08 +0200
From:      Willem Brown <willem@brwn.org>
To:        Bert Hiddink <hiddink@galileo.or.cr>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Configure tunnel device

Hi,

If I remember correctly, tun0 etc. are created dynamically as needed.
You have to specify the serial port the modem is connected to the ppp.conf
file ie. if the modem is on com2

set device /dev/cuaa1

Make sure that you have enabled it in the kernel, it should be enabled by
default. See the man page for tun, man tun.

HTH

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 09:30:16AM -0600, Bert Hiddink wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that I have not correctly configured my tunnel device, necesarry for ppp dialing.
>
> When I run ifconfig -a, no configuration is shown for tun0, tun1, ...
>
> How to do ifconfigging for this device?
>
> Many thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
>
> -brt
>

>    Bert Hiddink, FUNDACION GALILEO
>    Correo electronico: hiddink@galileo.or.cr
>    Sitio: http://www.galileo.or.cr
>    Tel. (506) 280 8683, telefax. (506) 280 8847

Best Regards
Willem Brown
--
 /*      Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. The choice is yours.      */

A budget is trying to make $25.00 go as far today as
it did when you were first married.