Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 1998 08:46:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      mike@seidata.com
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NATD error question.

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Open Systems Networking wrote:

> natd: failed to write packet back (permission denied)

I've got a similar question...  I recently setup a fbsd box doing NAT
for an internal (Windows/Mac-based) LAN.  I want to eventually
implement IPFW rules, but for now I'm just running an 'open'
configuration to make adressing NAT misconfigurations easier for me.

I see a similar message,

	natd: failed to write packet back (host is down)

It sounds like this could be ipfw-related (misconfiguration) as well,
but as I said above, I'm currently running an 'open' policy.  Is
there something I need to specifically allow from my internal net
(I've seen NetBIOS mentioned) that the typical 'pass all from any to
any' open policy does not address?

Later,

	-mike