Date:      Thu, 03 Jan 2002 08:52:15 -0600
From:      Patrick L Hartling <patrick@vrac.iastate.edu>
To:        Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems compiling recent kernel

Miguel Mendez wrote:

> On Thursday 03 January 2002 00:46, Patrick L Hartling wrote:
>
> Hi Patrick,
>
> gcc getting signal 11 is a sign that something is going pretty bad in the
> hardware department, I used to get signal11 when overclocking old Pentium
> processors. Are you running an overclocked cpu? gcc is very sensitive to such
> things, or it could be any other area perhaps, but I put my bet on hardware.
>

>>I have no idea what this means.  This is only the latest in a series of
>>problems I have had with this machine in the last 4-5 weeks, so maybe the
>>hardware is going bad.  Is there anything I can do to fix the above so
>>that I can get a kernel built?
>>
>>  -Patrick

No, I'm not overclocking, but all the indicators point at hardware, as
you have said.  I'll have to crack open the machine and see if a fan died
or something.  Thanks to all for the feedback.

  -Patrick

--
Patrick L. Hartling                     | Research Assistant, VRAC
patrick@vrac.iastate.edu                | 2624 Howe Hall -- (515)294-4916