Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:46:12 -0800
From:      Oliver Iberien <oliver.iberien@charter.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: List Etiquette Question - Thank yous

I've posted questions to the linux users' groups for SuSE and Mandriva duri=
ng=20
my years as a linux desktop user. They are largely composed of posts by my=
=20
fellow amateur enthusiasts, whose knowledge does not go very deep. This=20
list's base seems to be IT professionals who are happy to help non-competen=
t=20
strangers, and do so clearly and tactfully. (And in some cases, such as wit=
h=20
the fellow from obsecurity.com, with a five-minute turnaround.) I find this=
=20
remarkable, and much appreciate it.=20

Also, the online FreeBSD handbook is a much more useful thing than anything=
 I=20
ever paid to get from SuSE or Mandriva. I'm not getting all the GUI tools I=
=20
had with linux, but I have better help and better-organized reference=20
materials.

Thanks,

Oliver