Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:05:18 +0100
From:      Per Tore Larsen <per.tore.larsen@fernonorden.com>
To:        "'Jon W. Backstrom'" <jbackst@im.meredith.com>, "Freebsd-Questions (E-post)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Apache not in the 4.2 distribution sets?

Here goes:

Have you tried to cvsup of the ports collection?
Then the hole tree is updated and also you will get
the latest revision of the ports coll.

do a make install on /usr/ports/net/cvsup-bin
DO NOT install /usr/ports/net/cvsup since it
depends on X and will take years to install.

Anyways,
login as root, or use su and create say a file called
ports.cvsup and enter the following text.

*default host=cvsup.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_2_0_RELEASE
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
ports-all release=cvs tag=.

As root run, "cvsup <path to file>\ports.cvsup

The ports tree should be updated, and apache will
show up.

PeTe